An Open Letter to the Voters of District 1 from Jeff Bergosh

To the Voters of Escambia’s District 1,   11/22/2016

Thank you for giving me the honor and privilege of serving you for going on a decade now as your school board representative.      

Thank you for humbling me again by electing me on November 8th--thereby allowing me to continue  to serve you in this new capacity, as your County Commissioner. 

I promise I will continue to be a fierce, passionate, outspoken and committed advocate for you-- the residents and taxpayers of Escambia County.  

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, thoughts, or concerns.  

I will work as hard as humanly possible to earn your continued trust and your confidence---thank you for allowing me to serve you!


Respectfully,

Jeff Bergosh



850-293-1459  

About Jeff Bergosh:


Education

Master of Science in Public Administration, University of West Florida, Pensacola Florida
Bachelor of Arts, San Diego State University, San Diego California
Associate of Arts, Grossmont College, El Cajon, California
High School Diploma, Pensacola High School Pensacola, Florida

Community Service Affiliations and Supported Causes (Current and Past):


-District 1 Board Member and Vice-Chairman, Escambia Board of County Commissioners 2016-present
-President, Florida Coalition of School Board Members 2014-2016
-Chairman, Escambia County School Board 2012-2013
-Chairman, Pensacola Chamber Centennial of Naval Aviation, Education Sub-Committee 2010-2011
-Vice Chairman of the Escambia County School Board 2009-2010, 2011-2012
-Member, Escambia County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) Value Adjustment Board 2014-2015
-Member, Pensacola Chamber Centennial of Naval Aviation Committee 2010–2011
-Member of FSBA Master Certified School Board 2010-present
-Escambia County School Board Legislative Liaison 2012-2013
-Member, Pensacola Chamber of Commerce Military Affairs Committee 2006-Present 
-Member, Navy League of Pensacola
-Member, National Rifle Association


-Member, Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge
-Member, PTA various locations 2000-present
-Mentor, Take Stock in Children and Youth Motivator program 2008-present
-Volunteer Asst. Coach, North East Pensacola Youth Baseball (2006-2007), Volunteer, Pensacola Futbol Club, Volunteer Soccer Coach Santee AYSO -2003, Volunteer Santee American Little League 2001-2003
-Past Member, Pensacola Lighthouse Association
-Waterfront Rescue Mission
-March of Dimes
-Boy Scouts of America
-United States Olympic Team
-Escambia County Healthy Families Day,  Relay for Life,  and God’s Extended Hand Homeless Ministry of San Diego







About Me

My photo
I am the elected County Commissioner for Escambia County, District 1. I was elected to this position on November 8, 2016. If the Good Lord wills it-- I will serve in this capacity until November of 2020. Prior to this, I was the school board member for the same district, elected in November of 2006, subsequently re-elected in 2010 and elected unopposed in 2014. I am also a full time Work Control/Quality Assurance manager of a locally-owned service-disabled veteran-owned business, working region wide and also aboard NAS Pensacola, Florida. I am a 1986 Graduate of Pensacola High School; I have a BA from San Diego State University and a Master of Science in Public Administration from the University of West Florida. My wife Sally and I have three children, Tori, Nick, and Brandon. I have a passion for and a vested interest in our neighborhoods as a long-term resident of Beulah in Escambia's District 1. Call me on my cell phone, any time, for community or school related concerns at 850-293-1459