Testimonials: What Do Citizens and Leaders in the Public and Private Sector Say about Jeff Bergosh's Past Performance?



"Jeff Bergosh is a leader with fortitude and he is not afraid to tell the truth--even when it is not popular.  He understands governance, infrastructure, and leadership.  He also knows growth and economic development and how important these things are to a thriving economy.  He represents his constituents with distinction- and he greatly assisted in the team effort to bring millions of dollars to Pensacola and Escambia County for high-tech jobs at the Pensacola Airport.  His assistance was vital and our community is better for it.  Jeff is the right man to represent District 1 on the Escambia Board of County Commissioners"
Mayor Ashton J. Hayward (Pensacola Mayor 2011-2019)


FIRST RESPONDER SUPPORT FOR JEFF BERGOSH, JULY 2020


"The Northwest Chapter of the Florida Police Benevolent Association, Inc. is proud to inform you of our endorsement of your candidacy for the office of County Commissioner of Escambia County District 1.  We are proud to endorse you after careful consideration by our political screening board..We will ask all of our members, their friends and family.--and all citizens who love and respect law enforcement, to cast their ballot in support of your candidacy"

James Newton, President, Northwest Chapter of the Florida Police Benevolent Association
July, 2020


"Jeff Bergosh supports and has worked hard for the volunteer firefighters in Beulah at ECFR Station 2.  He said he would get us better equipment, and he did.  He said he would get us funding for a modern fire station--and he did.  Jeff Bergosh follows through on his pledges-and he does what he says he will do.  In this election for County Commissioner, District 1, we are supporting Jeff Bergosh because he gets things done!"

--Beau Rodrique.  Beulah Resident,  Asst. Volunteer Fire Chief, and 20-year volunteer fireman at Beulah's Station 2 





"Jeff Bergosh has proven himself to be an involved, hard-working board member who asks tough questions and isn't afraid to go against the prevailing winds. He said that "I don't feel entitled to the seat, I have to earn it," and that's how he has gone about the job.  He's been a fiscal conservative from the start."
Pensacola News Journal Editorial Board, July 30, 2010

“I want to personally thank Jeff Bergosh for keeping me appraised on the impact our legislation has on the local districts from the perspective of the conservative board members on the bottom of 4-1 and 3-2 votes, like I was when I was a school board member… Jeff worked very hard over the last several sessions and represented his area with distinction as he and the Florida Coalition of School Board Members helped us pass some very important legislation in the 2016 term”               


--   Florida Senate President Don Gaetz, May 2016



"I know first hand what it takes to do the job of a County Commissioner, and I strongly support Jeff Bergosh for County Commissioner in District 1 because he has the skills and abilities to do the job and represent us well.  Jeff has my full support in this election"

Wilson B Robertson, Escambia County Commissioner District 1,   2008-2016                                                        August, 2016





JEFF BERGOSH UNDERSTANDS OUR LOCAL SMALL BUSINESSES:


When we established the Pop-Up Movie Tour concept we started it in Escambia County's District 1 at the fairgrounds.  We called everyone we could think of and I exhausted every contact I had before "cold-calling" Commissioner Bergosh's office.  Everyone and everywhere else shut us down, but Jeff Bergosh gave us immediate help and quickly provided me the assistance I needed to get the business off the ground. His assistance and the help from his office were vital to the tremendous success we achieved opening up this concept in the Pensacola area--so I am thankful for Jeff's help getting the Pop-Up Movie Tour started.  He is a guy that understands small business and I believe he does a great job for Escambia County.  He has my support in this election!  

--Michael Silver- Small Business Owner, Entrepreneur, and founder of Drive-In Dudes and the Pop-Up Movie Tour                                                                    June, 2020




"Jeff understands the difficulties facing those of us in the building/developing business.  Jeff helped when county rules on naming subdivisions was going to cost me money at no fault of mine or my company.  Jeff spoke to staff, the issue was solved, and I did not incur any losses.  He was helpful and that really stood out to me as a true mark of leadership--and I support Jeff Bergosh for Escambia County Commissioner in this election"

--Gary Holt, Pensacola Realtor, Developer, and small business owner   May, 2020


As the owner of Horse Rides of Pensacola for over a decade I have enjoyed operating my business out in the Beulah community of District 1.  But as Beulah has grown, the number of interactions between horses and cars has increased--and unfortunately this resulted in the death of our horse "Cookie" very recently on Frank Reeder Road.  When I knew that we needed warning signage out in the community alerting drivers to the presence of horses and riders--I contacted Commissioner Jeff Bergosh and he immediately assigned staff to the issue.  Within two weeks we had warning signs installed making our operations and drivers much safer.  And any time I have needed the county to get the workers from the jail out here to clean up the right of ways--I  have called  Jeff's office and the very next day it is done....not two or three days later, the very next day!  I appreciate Commissioner Bergosh's support for local small businesses and his fast response to important issues;  I think Jeff does a great job and he has my full support in this election!

--Cheryl Glass, owner/operator of Horse Rides of Pensacola               June 2020


"We're voting for Jeff Bergosh for County Commission because he's been our neighbor for 12 years, he's a man of honor and integrity that we know and we believe he's the most qualified candidate in this election"

--Gibb and Liz Lovett, District 1 residents     2016

"I strongly support Jeff Bergosh for county commission because I know the man and I trust him, he will get the job done right"    

 --Earl Wright, USMC,  Mobile Hwy, District 1    2016


"I'm voting for Jeff Bergosh for County Commissioner because I've known him for 10 years as a fellow District 1 resident and I know he will work hard to do what's right for our community"

--Anthony Summers, Beulah, District 1  2016

"We need a smart, qualified candidate to represent our community.  It can't just be about who's the nice guy, we have to elect the right guy!  With so much going on around our community, there is no better candidate for District 1 than Jeff Bergosh.  We need steady leadership from an intelligent, tested leader and resident that we know---this is why we strongly support Jeff Bergosh for County Commissioner, District 1!" --Joe and Fran Zayszly--Frank Reeder Road, District 1   2016

"We're voting for Jeff Bergosh in this election for County Commissioner because Jeff's the candidate that has a verifiable track record of accomplishments as a standout school board member representing District 1 for many years--just google his name to find out all about him.  He's the candidate that has the education and the experience necessary to represent us well--he's the most qualified candidate in this race" --Dr. Steve Smith CAPT USN (ret) and Bonnie Smith, Nature Trail, District 1      2016



“Working with Mr. Bergosh over the last four years, I’ve come to appreciate the way he represents his district and our entire school system. I support Jeff Bergosh in this election for School Board, District 1. I look forward to having him on our leadership team as we continue the work to make Escambia County Schools the best they can be.”

Norm Ross, Deputy Superintendent of Schools 2000- present , Escambia County Florida      2010



“I truly believe Jeff Bergosh is the right candidate to serve as the School Board Member for District 1. His expertise and ideas with regards to facilities management helps our district as we look toward providing the facilities necessary to keep up with the continuing growth in southwest Escambia County. As a fellow resident of district 1, I support Jeff Bergosh for School Board in this election.”

Jim Paul, Superintendent of Schools 2000-2008 Escambia County Florida,          2010




“As a former Superintendent of Schools in Escambia County, I would have been proud to have someone the caliber of Jeff Bergosh serving alongside me as the School Board Member for District 1. I believe Jeff will do an excellent job representing the interests of District 1, as well as ensuring we provide a world class education for our students.”

Bill Maloy, Escambia County Superintendent of Schools  1992-1996                                                                                                                            August   2006




“Jeff Bergosh is a fair, honest, and reasonable man who is committed to public education and our children. I think he will do a great job representing District 1 on the School Board. As a former Board member and fellow resident of District 1, Jeff has my vote and support in this election.”

Jim C. Bailey, 1976-1998  Escambia County School Board Member, District 1                                                                                                            August   2006




“Mr. Jeff Bergosh is committed to supporting opportunities that benefit students regardless of the challenges that may be presented. He is determined to find a way to do what is right for students. His support for a band program at WFHS has been unwavering. Through his efforts, band classes will be offered at West Florida High School beginning August 2010.”

Lesa Morgan, Principal, West Florida High School of Advanced Technology      July  2010



“Jeff Bergosh is my choice for Escambia County School Board, district 1. As a teacher who resides and works in district 1, I appreciate the way Jeff Bergosh represents his constituents. He works hard to make the schools the best they can be for the students and the employees, and he is active in our schools. He has my full support in this election”

Todd Aulger, Elementary School Physical Education Teacher
Beulah Elementary School Pensacola Florida                                                          July   2010



"I strongly support Jeff Bergosh for the Escambia County School Board, District 1. I've known Jeff for 19 years, including a 6 year stretch where we worked together at the same job site. Jeff has a tremendous work ethic, he is intelligent, honest, compassionate, and he cares deeply for kids. He is passionate about his work; he prepares for, learns, and eventually excels at any task put before him. Jeff is fiscally conservative, he has great business savvy, and he has empathy for hard working taxpayers. I hope you'll join me and support Jeff in this election, I’m convinced he is the right man for this job."

Broderick J. Crager, 11th Grade English Teacher and H.S. English Department Chair
Perris High School, Perris, California                                                                           May  2010


“Jeff Bergosh is not afraid to tell you what he thinks, you will know where he stands on the issues—he is honest and he works hard for the kids in our schools. I strongly support Jeff Bergosh for school Board, district 1. We need more people like Jeff in public office, because he is a guy who gets things done”

Kevin L. Adams   2010
Chairman, School Attendance Zone Advisory Committee, 2008-2010
President, WFHS Quarterback Club, 2007-2010







"Jeff Bergosh did an admirable and professional job in assisting our Navy clients in the wake of  [Hurricane Ivan] storm recovery                                                                                                              aboard NAS Pensacola"


Bill Olson, Sr. Program Manager,                                                                                                           Lockheed Martin Information                                                                                                               Technology Services,  2007

About Me

My photo
I’m the District 1 Commissioner on the Escambia County Commission, elected on November 8, 2016; re-elected on August 18th, 2020. If the Good Lord wills it-- I'll serve until November of 2024. I was previously the school board member for the same district, elected in November of 2006, re-elected in 2010 and elected unopposed in 2014. I’m currently the Business Development Manager for ESA South, Inc., a Pensacola-based general contracting firm working Federal projects nationwide (CA, TX, HI, USVI, FL)—and aboard NAS Pensacola for 2023-2024. For the last 18 years I’ve worked for several firms supporting NAS Pensacola, to include: Information Network Systems, Lockheed Martin Information Technology Services, CH2MHill/VT Griffin, Irby Engineering & Construction, and Erica Lane Enterprises. I’m a 1986 Graduate of Pensacola High School; I have a BA from San Diego State University and I hold a Master of Science in Public Administration from the University of West Florida. My wife Sally and I have three children, Tori, Nick, and Brandon. I have a passion for our community as a long-term resident of Beulah in District 1. Call me any time if I can be of assistance, at 850-293-1459